I’m thankful for LAUGHTER. Laughter promotes healing in the body, is soothing to the soul, relieves stress, universally connects us to each other without prejudice, diffuses contention and is so, so fun!
Here is some fun for today!
I. Wisdom from kids – the scenario their wisdom paints of how they learned these lessons is hilarious!
“Never trust a dog to watch your food.”
– Patrick, age 10
“When your dad is mad and asks you, ‘Do I look stupid?’ don’t answer.”
– Hannah, age 9
“Never tell your Mom her diet’s not working.”
– Michael, age 14
“Stay away from prunes.”
– Randy, age 9
“When your Mom is mad at your dad, don’t let her brush your hair.”
– Taylia, age 11
“Never let your three-year old brother in the same room as your school assignment.”
– Traci, age 14
“A puppy always has bad breath – even after eating a Tic-Tac.”
– Andrew, age 9
“Never hold a dust buster and a cat at the same time.”
– Kyoyo, age 11
“You can’t hide a piece of broccoli in a glass of milk.”
– Amir, age 9
“Don’t wear polka-dot underwear under white shorts.”
– Kellie, age 11
“If you want a kitten, start out by asking for a horse.”
– Naomi, age 15
“Felt-tip markers are not good to use as lipstick.”
– Lauren, age 9
“Don’t pick on your sister when she’s holding a baseball bat.”
– Joel, age 10
“When you get a bad grade in school, show it to your Mom when she’s on the phone.”
– Alyesha, age 13
“Never try to baptize a cat.”
– Eileen, age 8
II. OOPS! Church Bulletin Bloopers!
- The sermon this morning: ‘Jesus Walks on the Water.’ The sermon tonight: ‘Searching for Jesus.’
- Remember in prayer the many who are sick of our community. Smile at someone who is hard to love. Say, ‘Hell’ to someone who doesn’t care much about you.
- Don’t let worry kill you – let the Church help.
- Miss Charlene Mason sang, ‘I will not pass this way again,’ giving obvious pleasure to the congregation.
- Next Thursday there will be tryouts for the choir. They need all the help they can get.
- Low Self Esteem Support Group will meet Thursday at 7PM. Please use the back door.
- Irving Benson and Jessie Carter were married on October 24 in the church. Thus ends a friendship that began in their school days.
- A bean supper will be held on Tuesday evening in the church hall. Music will follow.
- At the evening service tonight, the sermon topic will be ‘What is Hell?’ Come early and listen to our choir practice.
- This evening at 7PM there will be a hymn singing in the park across from the Church. Bring a blanket and come prepared to sin.
- Ladies Bible Study will be held Thursday morning at 10AM. All ladies are invited to lunch in the Fellowship Hall after the B.S. is done.
- Weight Watchers will meet at 7PM at the First Presbyterian Church. Please use large double door at the side entrance.
- The Associate Minister unveiled the church’s new campaign slogan last Sunday: ‘I Upped My Pledge – Up Yours.’